An easy and impressive appetizer that is always a welcomed treat!
Click HERE for get your copy of the Monastery Cookbook to find this recipe and so many more!
- 9 jalapeño pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salsa verde
- 9 slices of bacon cut in half
- Cut the jalapeños in half and remove all the seeds.
- Combine the cream cheese, Salsa Verde and shredded cheddar in a small bowl.
- Once combined, add to a pastry bag or a sturdy 1 quart zip lock bag and cut off one corner so you can squeeze the cheese out of the hole and into the peppers. Fill the peppers with cheese mixture.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in the microwave or sauté pan for a few minutes until starting to brown a little but is still soft and pliable.
- Let the bacon cool and then wrap each jalapeño half in one piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet (with sides) and bake in a preheated 375° oven for 15 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil and cook for 2-3 minutes, watching carefully to make sure they do not burn. This gives the peppers a nice roasted flavor and ensures that your bacon will be crisp.
Remove the jalapeño popper from the oven and cool slightly before eating. Super low carb and so delicious!