Level-up your classic french toast with this creative upgrade!
Click HERE to order your monastery cookbook to get this recipe and many more!
- 4 or 5 slices of brioche
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp frozen orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- A touch of grated nutmeg
- Cinnamon sugar
- Butter and maple syrup
- Mix together egg, milk, frozen orange juice, vanilla, and nutmeg into a mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Dip both sides of each slice of brioche into the egg mix and lay out on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and even more generously with sugar. Flip bread and repeat with generous sprinkles of cinnamon and sugar. You are going to try to create a bit of a sugary crust on each slice of brioche as they cook.
- On a griddle or frying pan, melt 1 - 2 Tbsp of butter and lay out your brioche. Cook until brown and a bit of sugar crunch forms on your bread. About 2- 3 minutes per side on medium heat.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.