These are as impressive as they are delicious!
Click HERE to order your monastery cookbook to find this recipe as so many more!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 medium/large onions
- 1 package of bacon (thick 1/2 cut peppered bacon is really good)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crumbs, egg, milk, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Cut top and bottom off of an onion, cut in half and peel off skin. Separate the onion into "layers".
- Using the larger layers, stuff the meat mixture between 2 pieces of onion making a ball shape. Wrap each bomb with 2 or 3 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks. (See picture.)
- Place in a dish with sides to contain the grease. Bake for 40 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°
Serve with additional sauce if desired.
VARIATIONS: Use small onions to make into appetizers. Omit bread crumbs and use sugar-free BBQ sauce for a Keto friendly recipe.